Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mushroom and Spinach Quiche with Shredded Potatoe Crust

I think the most intriguing concept for this recipe, was the use of shredded potato in place of the traditional pastry crust. I have to admit I had my doubts. I actually completely expected this recipe to fail. But I was delightfully surprised with how the crust held up and how the meal sort of came together.
I skipped a step by pressing the potato mixture into the pie plate and simply baked for 20 minutes instead of cooking in the skillet, 10 minuets each side. I also used 4 eggs instead of 2 eggs and 2 egg whites.

You will definitely need to serve this quiche with something to off set the heaviness of the potatoes. A salad or some steamed veggies would be perfect companions. I had a bowl full of cherry tomatoes so I quartered those and served with some fresh ground sea salt and pepper.

1 comment: