Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Salad

I apologize for my delayed posting. This month is proving to be a very busy one in our household. When we do have free time I am finding it hard to motivate myself to sit down long enough to organize a post. Mostly the overwhelming hot weather is to blame for this! I hope you are all equally busy with outdoor activities and of course wearing sunscreen! I think I have consumed enough watermelon and summer fruit in the past month to keep a small army out of famine.

In an attempt to keep our little cave (basement suite) nice and cool I have been taking advantage of local greens and produce by making refreshing salads. You don’t need a recipe for salad but it’s always nice to have a base for inspiration. In this instance I found inspiration in a salad from my new WhiteWater Cooks at Home cookbook. I will roughly outline the ingredients required for this recipe and I am sure you can figure out the rest!

  • mixed greens
  • diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
  • grated beet
  • bocconcini balls, halved or crumbled feta
  • pumpkin seeds (toasted)
  • dill, chopped
Dressing
  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • balsamic oil
  • splash of lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove
  • fresh ground salt & pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment