Friday, September 10, 2010

Lemon White Chocolate Mousse

There is a magnet on my fridge that reads "Life is short. Eat dessert first." Although I don't usually eat dessert first, I like to live by a similar motto. Balance in my opinion is the key to good health.

I know a lot of people that put themselves through extreme diets only to end up caving in and over indulging in all the forbidden foods. It's no secret that sugar should not be consumed in copious amounts. And it's a good idea to find healthy, natural alternatives for your daily sugar cravings. But I don't see the harm in eating delectable desserts every now and than. In fact, I think it's a joy in life to do so.

So without further ado I present to you yet another heavenly dessert. This one is tricky because it presents itself as light and airy. But is actually very rich and very high in fat. So serve in small dishes!

The pairing of white chocolate and lemon mousse is simply genius. I have made lemon mousse in the past and found it to be too sweet. So this is a perfect way of incorporating the tangy sweetness of lemon with the smooth and soft flavor of white chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment