Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Stollen



Stollen is a traditional German cake also known as Christstollen which is similar to the well known fruitcake found in grocery stores during the Christmas season. This particular recipe was featured in last month’s Martha Stewart magazine and was passed down from her mother Martha Kostyra. I encourage you to watch the video as it is really quite cute and gives you a good idea of how to work in the fruit. I used apricot brandy to soak the currants in as I didn't have any cognac. The picture above shows the texture of the two breads prior to icing.


2 comments:

  1. is there anything you can't make?? this sure looks impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crepes and pastry. Two things that I love very much but have been unsuccessful in mastering. I have been told these things take time, patience and experience.

    ReplyDelete