Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Eggplant-Potato Moussaka with Pine Nut Cream

It's not very often that I find a recipe that I am inclined to make as often as this one.  I am truly amazed by the perfect flavors in this dish.  I have to admit that this recipe uses just about every pot, dish and pan you have in your kitchen but it's well worth the effort and clean up!  There are three simple layers to this recipe - roasted zucchini, eggplant and potatoes followed by a rich tomato sauce with lots of shallots and a hint of cinnamon. Topped with the lemony pine nut cream (silken tofu), I know you could fool non-vegans into thinking there is no tofu in this recipe.

As I would never attempt to alter a single ingredient in this perfect recipe I urge you to at the very least take a boo at this fantastic recipe book next time your in the library or your local book store. You will notice over time that I have tried almost every recipe in this book and very rarely make any changes.  Isa and Terry you are my idols!

This recipe is from Veganomicon - The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero



1 comment: