Friday, December 4, 2009

Mint Chocolate Truffle Cake

If you like mint chocolate then I guarantee you will love this cake!



This cake was made especially for a colleagues birthday and I can't think of a better reason than that. Special thanks to everyone at work for being my guinea pigs and for the opportunity to practice my baking skills and experiment with yet another fantastic recipe.



As there is only a 6 hour life span for the icing from the original recipe I opted to revise the recipe so I could make this the night before.  I know this cake would be been exceptionally good with the original cream icing!



Mint Icing (revised)
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup icing sugar
  • 3 cups thawed Cool Whip
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  1. To make icing simply mix together sour cream, icing sugar, Cool Whip and peppermint extract in a medium bowl.
Link to Mint Chocolate Truffle Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment