Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad

This week the healthy workplace branch is featuring quinoa as a super food. What makes quinoa a super food? Well what other grain is so high in protein, iron and dietary fiber? Above all of those it's also gluten-free, making it very easy to digest.



I know that some of you are thinking about the slightly bitter after taste or cardboard like consistency that quinoa is known for, but these statements force me to think about all the other bland tasting grains like rice, millet and bulgar just to name a few. I think this is a really poor reason not to be eating quinoa as I fall upon a huge array of very tasty quinoa recipes on a daily basis. Here's just one that I urge all quinoa critics to at the very least try.

I think I like the beautiful texture and colors of this salad just as much as the smoky chipotle chili flavor. If you don't have chipotle sauce you can always use chipotle chili powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment