Sunday, February 7, 2010

Brussels with Cranberry and Walnuts

I wasn't a fan of Brussels until I tried them glazed with cherry jam. Now I can't get enough of them! I can even boast that I have converted at least three people into liking Brussels by glazing them with a few tablespoons of cranberry sauce or jam.


Here is another way to serve Brussels that is similar to a simple glaze but slightly more complex with nuts, shallots, walnut oil and agave syrup. This recipe is very simple and makes for a very good side dish. I used honey instead of agave syrup and served with cranberry glazed tofu as pictured below.


2 comments:

  1. I SO ment to pick up brussel sprouts this week!
    Does this recipes not look amazing????

    http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2010/02/balsamic-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with.hml

    I made the vinaigette for a salad and it was great.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Whoever said eating green vegetables was gross was obviously cooking them wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete