Thursday, February 4, 2010

Roasted Squash, Spinach and Three-Cheese Cannelloni

This is the very first vegetarian recipe I ever made. Actually, it was also the very first meal I made for Mike on our second date. When he arrived for dinner I asked him if there was any foods he didn't like. He told me that he wasn't a fan of squash... Uh oh! I told him squash was in fact on the menu but I could whip something else up if he preferred. He said that whatever was baking in the oven smelled far too good for him to pass up! Needless to say Mike is now a very big fan of squash.

I treasure this recipe and serve it to anyone I am trying to woo, especially those that may favor eating animals over vegetables. I consider this recipe the turkey dinner of my vegetarian world as it is so rich and time consuming that you wouldn't normally make the effort unless it were for a special occasion.

Other then using whole wheat or brown rice lasagna noodles, I never change a thing about this recipe. I recommend serving with garlic bread and either a tossed salad or steamed Brussels or broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment